Marketing Communications Specialist – Ottawa
KTI Kanatek Technologies Inc.
Job Description – Marketing Communications Specialist
Location – Ottawa
Timing – Immediate
Kanatek provides specialized services for safeguarding, managing, and supporting data infrastructure.
Since 1982, Kanatek has worked with IT departments around the globe; delivering, supporting, and managing complex Enterprise-Class Data Management solutions. Kanatek has extensive experience in assisting many of the largest IT organizations in Canada with their data management challenges. As a provider of backup solutions and managed services, Kanatek adds value to our clients’ IT departments by helping them understand and implement new data management solutions, either by leveraging their existing infrastructure or by implementing new technologies, such as cloud-based services.
Marketing Coordinator and Support Administrator
Reporting to the CMO, the Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting in all areas of a marketing strategy from the development of different elements, to their execution. This will include anything from assisting with market research to organizing the distribution of news and event organization. Candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the Kanatek website and other social media marketing tools and managing enquiries generated by visitors to the Website.
- Assist in writing and editing sales and marketing literature, ensuring valid, current and accurate content
- Maintain the Kanatek Website and manage customer enquiries generated from the Website
- Coordinate email campaigns
- Maintain the Kanatek presence on other social media, such as updating the Kanatek LinkedIn page, ensure search engine optimization for Kanatek Website, blogs etc.
- Write and distribute press releases and produce media kits where required
- Act as liaison between advertising agencies and the Company, print suppliers, freelance talent, and various marketing services.
- Provide assistance in terms of logistics to events such as distributor meetings, seminars, exhibitions and trade shows
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of ongoing marketing communications activities
- Communicate with partner companies as relationship administrator
- Create and monitor partner funding requests and liaise with partner and Kanatek Finance to facilitate required invoicing and internal purchase requests
- Monitor compliance with partner agreement requirements (i.e.training, certifications, etc.)
- Report on co-operative marketing initiatives (ROI back to partner)
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience in marketing, business administration or a related subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential and good copy-writing skills, preferably in a technical/scientific context, would be an advantage
- Web maintenance/e-marketing experience, with a good working knowledge of social media marketing tools, Google rankings and search engine optimization is desirable
- Able to demonstrate product awareness and an understanding of the needs of the customer
- Able to work individually, as well as part of a team
- Good time management and planning skills
- Able to meet multiple project deadlines and demonstrate good attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of marketing principles
- Proficiency with Salesforce and WordPress would be advantageous
If interested, please forward your cover letter & resume to Stephen.Beamish@kanatek.com.